Compost Buy-In Spring 2021
This spring, we will be offering compost for sale to gardeners at MCGA. Please look out for our compost buy-in email in March.
Compost may be purchased on our website, in the STORE tab on our navigation bar once the buy-in begins. Thank you for your participation and support.
Profits from compost purchases fund materials we need in the food bank.
Details about compost buy-in and pick up:
1. All compost is pre-paid. Do not take compost unless you have purchased some from the STORE.
2. Do not take more than your fair share. Half a cubic yard is 3 level wheelbarrows. One cubic yard is 6 level wheelbarrows.
3. Your purchased compost is yours. You may take some home or to another location, if you desire.
4. All compost must be picked up within 2 weeks of delivery. Compost left after this time is not the responsibility of MCGA and no refunds will be offered for compost not picked up.
5. You do not have to buy compost from MCGA and are free to purchase bagged compost.
6. If you have concerns, email
7. Recommended compost amounts: 1 cubic yard is usually enough for 1 full plot. More compost is not always better.
2021 MCGA May Plant Sale
Our May plant sale is now live! All plant starts come from DeSanto Greenhouses in Enumclaw. (Click on the link for more information.)
May Plant Sale-Now is the time for tomatoes and peppers, cucumbers too! Other warm-season crops will also be available.
Note: Exact items are not guaranteed. Inventory depends on delivered stock. Refunds will be given if inventory is out-of-stock.
Visit our Education page for class descriptions and links to classes.